In addition to the inherent advantages that involves the introduction of an environmental management system ISO 14001, the companies that adhere to this European scheme will have the possibility of obtaining a number of benefits both external and internal.
Environmental Benefits EMAS:
- Improvement of environmental management by reducing the environmental impacts.
- Encouragement of eco-innovation in the production processes.
Benefits of leadership and corporate image EMAS:
- Strengthening and improving of the corporate image.
- Greater credibility and confidence to the interested parties, that is to say, public authorities, citizens, shareholders, employees and other customers.
- Improvement of relations with the local community to be a public environmental statement.
- Possibility of obtaining AENOR certificate of Environmental Management Systems, in a single integrated process.
Economic and Social Benefits EMAS:
- Increased business in the European level.
- Economic benefits in the medium and long-term thanks to optimization of the management of the environmental aspects.
- New business opportunities in the markets with processes of green purchasing.
- Promotes the participation of workers in the company's environmental management system, which provides incentives to the staff and encourages teamwork.
- Communication of the environmental commitment and risk prevention in a strategic sector.